area extends from north of the Castillo San Marcos to the City Gates to the North, west to the San Sebastian River and east to Intracoastal waterway.This land was first settled by the Minorcans in the 1770’s as farmland and then the English gave 50 land grants with the goal of the settlement of St Augustine being totally self sustaining. Most of the land on either side of the San Sebastian river was citrus groves; There are 2 homes which exist today which were built in 1880’s:23 Water St and 19 Joiner St. and are excellent examples of the TerritorialPeriod.Today there are a variety of architectural styles which include Victorian, Bungalows etc through out the N City area.The most well known sites are the Mission of Nombre de Dios, The Fountain of Youth and the School for the Deaf and Blind.
The information displayed on this website comes in part from the IDX Program of the Florida Association of Realtors provided through the Florida Living Network. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty are marked with the Broker Reciprocity thumbnail logo or the logo of the Florida Living IDX. Copyright 2018, FAR. All rights reserved. FAR and Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty do not make any warranty or representation concerning the timeliness or accuracy of the information displayed herein. In consideration for the receipt of the information on this page, the recipient agrees to use the information solely for the private non-commercial purpose of identifying a property in which the recipient has a good faith interest in acquiring.